Kaymed mattresses only contain foams and polyesters manufactured at our own plant in Dublin. Therefore, all foams used to manufacture the products we supply are to CertiPur Standards.
CertiPur is a voluntary testing, analysis and certification programme for the environment, health and safety properties of polyurethane foam used in bedding and upholstered furniture applications. It identifies substances that may not be used in the production of polyurethane foams and sets stringent maximum limits for some components.
Foams that conform to CertiPur are notably certified to be:
- Made without heavy metals including mercury, lead or cadmium
- Made without dyes that are carcinogenic or allergenic as described by EU legislation
- Made without Phthalate plasticisers
- Made without substances that cause cancer or may cause heritable generic damage
- Emitting low levels of VOC’s (volatile organic compounds)
Kaymed Woolfson are members of CertiPur – Licence number C-IRL-1206-012-0201.